Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Narcissism, thy name is Blogger

I hear William James can write too...
Having previously dipped my toes into the social networks of MySpace, Friendster, Facebook, LinkedIn, Academia.edu, and Twitter, it seemed to only make sense that I'd further sate my postlust and start a blog.  At this point I have no intention to do anything with this blog other than to forget about it and hope it somehow makes me money nonetheless (I hear this business model has worked for others, though they call it "having kids").

As you may have guessed by now, I am indeed Jewish (though seriously, how the hell did you guess that?), but, more importantly for my actual daily life, I'm a guy who got a philosophy phd a couple of centuries too late to do anything more useful with it than by throwing around big German words (e.g., Gemeinschaft) at parties.  Oh who am I kidding, I have a phd in philosophy from the New School for Social Research, of course I'm not invited to parties!

I am sick of talking about myself for now, so I'm going to get back to the book I'm writing now.  Oh right, yeah, I have a book contract too.  But obviously if that were going better you wouldn't be reading this right now or probably ever.

Thanks for stopping by.  And I'll see what I can do about building this blog into something that can finally make Brian Leiter's blog a thing of the why-the-fuck-was-that-a-thing? past (that I feel this way about Leiter might also help to explain why I don't have the kind of job I want, but that's a whole other story).

P.S. I'm not actually an ethicist, and in fact my book is somewhat targeted at destroying the very profession of the ethicist (especially those who go by the name of just war theorist), but having waited so long to join Twitter, when I had to pick an avatar I couldn't think of anything better than this shirt I own.  So I guess now I have a great not funny story to tell on blogs and at cocktail parties...
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment